Friday, January 10, 2014

Thank you for the gift box

I was the lucky winner of a gift box from Tracy Endo over at T-Racer Girl and TeamRev3.  It is always fun getting a package in the mail.  I am not sure why we don't send things to each other more.  The anticipation of when will it arrive, to the joy of knowing it is here and then of course the unraveling.  Such fun.


Her gift couldn't have come at a better time.  It has been a long time since I've written anything here because it has been a long time since I've had anything to write about.  I've sort of been in a peaceful zen like place where my world is just 'so' and adding anything more to it may tip it off the wonderful balance it is in which means a lot of things that I used to think were important have taken a back seat to the things we are discovering are actually important. 

Such as cultivating relationships with our kids and each other along with wonderful friends.  Realizing a "social media presence" is not as important as an actual relationship presence.  I've enjoyed these few months and plan to continue to do so.

I also am excited to share that I am healing.  Slowly but surely, healing.  So much that the hubs, myself and two of our craziest friends have embarked on a new adventure.  To ride the Seattle to Portland bike ride in  ONE day.  Two hundred and four glorious miles together. 

Training begins in March and now I have some fuel to get me started.  Thanks again Tracy!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the win! You are so strong and I believe that all this healing - both in body and mind has made you even stronger. Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back..and especially glad to see you have reached a nice balance. I know exactly what you are talking about when it come to trying to find what is important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scott :) Hope training is going well for you

      Delete

Glad you stopped by and I am excited to see what your thoughts are!